- Performs sampling and testing of products in accordance with quality standards that are traceable to accredited methods.
- Tests, processes and records results for all raw materials, intermediates and finished goods samples in a timely manner.
- Monitors and verifies product for defects per standard operating procedures and ensures compliance to all GMP, SQF and product safety practices.
- Performs laboratory testing to verify weights, uniformity of color, surface defects and dimensional accuracy in accordance with product specifications and blueprints.
- Verifies attribute and variable product specifications using: vision systems, force testers, plug gauges, air gauges, scales, calipers and spectrophotometer.
- Calibrate measuring instruments with standards that are traceable to the National Institute of Standard Technology.
- Evaluates test results and communicates deviations from the product specifications to QA and Production management.
- Completes all necessary reporting and recordkeeping on product samples released and performs data entry for Statistical Process Control (SPC) of production in a timely manner.
- Enters test data and releases products in ERP system. Segregates and marks any non-conforming product.
- May investigate causes of recurring defects and recommend process changes.
- Performs pre-operational and changeover inspections (including collecting ATP swabs).
- Completes Certificates of Analysis as required.
- Communicate with other departments to assure both product quality and efficiencies of processes are maintained.
- Communicates and cooperates with other employees in a positive and constructive manner to achieve the goals of the department and the plant.
- Supports and complies with GMPs
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor of Science Degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of quality assurance experience in food/beverage manufacturing
- Working knowledge of ISO9001, FSSC2200, Pre-Requisite Programs, SPC, SQF, HACCP
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Self-motivated with ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have basic knowledge of quality management software such as Trackwise, RealSPC, Qualityze, or ETQ
- Must know the basic functions and how to operate the following test equipment: Vison Systems, Force Testers, Air Gauges, Plug Gauges, Calipers, Micrometers, Spectrophotometer.
- Must have basic Statistical Process Control skills (using control charts, scatter diagrams, histograms, checksheets)
If you are a team player and would like to be part of building an extraordinary team with a successful company, please send your resume to: Natasha Yussuf, email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.